Succeed2gether is currently looking for volunteers as tutors, program helpers, interns, and specialists. If you have an interest in working with our programs, please contact our office at 973-746-0553. If you would like to volunteer with us as a tutor in math, language arts, science, or social studies, or would like to work with our summer program where we are also looking for specialists in art, music, and sports, please read the position description below and download and complete our application form.
Purpose: After-School Tutors provide academic support to students from grades 3 to 12 in homework, remedial work and enrichment activities.
Title: After-School Tutor
Location: Montclair Public Library; 3rd floor Children’s Section
- Provide homework and other academic remedial or enrichment support to one or small groups of students in one hour sessions. Support is either Language Arts/Writing or Math/Science.
- Help students to understand and complete homework subject matter and guide them in other academic activities as appropriate.
- Provide mentorship and form relationships with assigned students. Help to identify any academic issues that may need addressing by Program Administrator and Director.
- Administer pre and post testing with support from the Program Director/Administrator.
Reports to: Program Administrator
Length of Appointment: Academic School Year (September to May)
Time Commitment: One to three hours weekly on a designated day (Monday-Thursday)
- Subject Matter expertise in LA/Writing or Math/Science
- Interest in working with students at either elementary, middle or high school level.
- Teaching experience is NOT required for this position.
- Tutor Orientation and Training; on-site support in the Library by Program Director or Administrator to help with any questions or issues. Educational materials provided.